The Protein Pancake Recipe You Didn’t Know You Needed!
This one is for all the breakfast haters and exercise nuts who need something not only quick and delicious but packed full of protein!
Let’s clear this up first, we actually lied. We aren’t going to give you ONE protein pancake recipe… we’re giving you TWO.
Why? Because not everyone loves using protein powders and although we think they’re a great way to get in more of the good stuff there are also other more natural foods you can use. Go figure!
So let’s get into the first of these fluffy God-status pancake recipes shall we?
PROTEIN POWDER 5 INGREDIENT PANCAKES (serves 2)
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- Dash of cinnamon powder
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in water bit by bit until the mix resembles pancake batter
- Place a non-stick fry pan over medium heat (you can spray the pan with olive oil if needed)
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, pour each pancake into the pan. You should be able to make a few at a time.
- Once you see bubbles forming on the top, the pancake is ready to flip.
- Serve with fresh fruit and that’s literally it!
Now for number two! Same same but DIFFERENT.
PROTEIN PANCAKES IN 10 MINUTES (serves 2)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons milk of choice
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Small pinch sea salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and enough milk until the consistency resembles that of pancake batter.
- Let batter rest for 1-2 minutes while you get a non-stick fry pan ready over medium heat. Add some olive oil spray to the pan if needed.
- Spoon batter into pan in even amounts, you should be able to fit 2-3 in the pan at one time whilst ensuring they are spread out and not touching.
- Cook until the edges start to change and bubbles start forming on top.
- Flip each pancake and wait for 1-2 mins until the other side is cooked.
- Repeat with all the batter.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey!
Try these next week and see how you go. You can even prep the dry ingredients the night before so that you can just get up, make your coffee and have your breakfast ready in 5 minutes!